Saturday, August 29, 2009

29th August 2009

Things are getting colder, and darker. The mountains are frosted white. The plant is having hiccups, and I think we'll last only another two weeks. I hope, because I'd like to fly my girlfriend over from England in mid-September, before it's too late in the season and she'd freeze then. It's beautiful still, and I'm learning a lot about gold exploration and development, and it's mostly a people thing - Gold affects people in very strange ways. I am operating a small Jig for cleanups, and we're doing better, producing 30oz/day on average now. For a large, bulk placer mine like the development plan is pushing, this test is proving up the resource. I don't like the idea of a giant open pit out here in the future - it's beautiful - but it's a good prospect and I'd be happy to manage this mine operation in teh future. Miss everyone and hope to speak soon. The smell of propane lanterns at night has lost it's novelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment